The Growth of Digital Marketing Career in 2019
It is expected that by 2020 majority of the companies will have an online presence. And obviously, in line with this, digital marketing is growing at a faster pace. Also, there will be a lot of career opportunities in digital marketing. Digital marketing opportunities also tend to scale up India’s economic expansion.
Digital marketing is gaining prominence for the following reasons,
- It levels the online playing field
- Digital marketing is more cost effective
- Digital marketing increases conversion rates
- It generates better revenue
- It increases interaction with target audiences
- Digital marketing caters to mobile customers, increasing mobilization
- Digital marketing also increases your brand reputation
Firms involved in online trading will contribute to the percentage of employment growth in India. It is expected that by 2020 digital marketing industry will generate more than 20 lakh jobs in India. This widens the digital marketing job opportunities. This is surely the future of digital marketing in India.
You can take part in the lucrative digital marketing jobs if you develop your digital marketing skills. You are offered different categories of job in digital marketing which would suit your innate and interesting skill sets. This is one of the major advantages of digital marketing.
For instance, if you are interested in writing, you can pursue a job in Content Writing. If you have analytical skills then you can do web analytics. Thus this serves your digital marketing career scope.
What are the different platforms in Digital Marketing?
In digital marketing, you will get to know about the following platforms:
- Social Media Marketing– It is a type of marketing that helps to target the customers through Social Media platforms.
- Content Marketing– Content is the first step to share information regarding the products and businesses in any form like the blog, videos, texts, podcasts etc. Through content marketing share the ideology and motives of the companies to the audiences.
- Mobile Marketing– Mobile is the easiest medium to stay connected with internet. It also acts the best medium to target the audiences through the same medium.
- Search Engine Marketing– It is the form of marketing to increase the visibility of any product or brand through search engines.
- Google Ads ( Formerly Google Adwords) – It is online advertising tool offered by Google based on bid system on certain keywords.
- Google Analytics– It is the web analytics services offered by Google to track the traffic and visitors to your website. It’s a deep concept to understand the behavior of your audiences.
- Email Marketing– It is the type of marketing to target the audiences through email services.
- PPC– It is an online advertising pay per click model which advertisers pay a fee each time when their ads get clicked. Also, you learn how to generate PPC campaigns.
- E-commerce Marketing– it is the process of driving the online sales by raising the awareness about an online store or offerings.
- Video Marketing– It is the type of marketing to target the audiences through various types of video content such as testimonials, interviews, online marketing campaigns etc.
- Affiliate Marketing – it is the type of performance-based marketing where businesses pay you at each reference made by you.
- Graphics Designing- It is the process of visual communications and problem solving using one or more typography, pictures, and illustrations and more.
Career Opportunities in Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has many job roles. The nature of these job roles are,
- Marketing campaigns designing
- Supplying the right content for an organization
- Engaging people through social media and
- Checking and keeping visitors flow on the website
Moreover, digital marketing roles employs strategies like PPC (Pay-per-Click), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) etc.. These strategies ensure traffic to a company’s website and also increase awareness of the company’s products and services.
You can get a job in digital marketing if you have passion and creativity. Some of the prospective careers in digital marketing are,
- Digital Marketing Consultant
- Content Marketing Executive
- Content Writer
- Inbound Marketer
- Social Media Marketing Expert
- Search Engine Marketer
- SEO Executive
- Conversion Rate Optimizer
- Web Analytics Executive
- Email Marketer